Graduate Structural Engineer: Job SummaryAPPLY
|Graduate Structural Engineer||Teesside||Structural Engineering & Design||Permanent||17/06/2021|
We are looking for Graduate Engineers to join our Design team in Teesside.
Working within our Design team, the role holder will assist on structural design elements on projects as required.
Your key responsibilities :
- Adherence to the Integrated Management System
- Undertake concept designs and planning projects at concept stage on a wide variety of buildings
- Responsible for the production of structural engineering calculations for light gauge steel frames, associated hot rolled members and composite floor slabs
- Delivering excellent project work within agreed deadlines and budgets
- Interact with clients and other project members
- Keep management informed of important and relevant design decisions to make sure that the objectives of the company and client are achieved
- Represent Sigmat at meetings with clients and suppliers
- Assisting and mentoring of graduate engineers
- Undertake site visits as and when required
- Any other task commensurate with this post
What we are looking for :
- Bachelor's degree BEng / BSc or Masters degree MEng / MSc that meets the engineering academic requirements for Chartership
- Ability to demonstrate a thorough knowledge of current codes of practice
- Broad range of engineering skills
- Comfortable undertaking hand calculations and using spreadsheets as standard, but able to demonstrate ability to use 3D modelling software. Working knowledge of Trimble design software (Tekla Structural Designer) would be beneficial
- Willing to work towards Chartership
- CSCS card holder
- Full clean UK driving licence
Check out our Employee Benefits page for what we offer!
Flexible working may also apply.