Health & Safety Advisor: Job SummaryAPPLY
|Health & Safety Advisor||Evesham||Managerial & Admin||Permanent||04/02/2022|
We are looking for a Health & Safety Advisor to join our team! Reporting into the SHEQ Manager, the Health & Safety Advisor will be responsible for providing a national dedicated support to the construction related operations.
Your key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide competent health & safety advice to meet all appropriate legal and internal standards.
- Undertake health & safety audits and inspections and report on corrective and preventive actions in a timely manner.
- Assist site management in the development of site health & safety action plans relevant to operational aspects and risks identified.
- Report on key issues and progress on actions required.
- Provide information, advice, guidance and support to managers and operational colleagues.
- Assist and support site management teams in investigations of relevant accidents and High Potential incidents.
- Analyse accident and incident performance for patterns and trends and advise management on appropriate corrective and preventive actions.
- Assist operational teams with emergency and business continuity planning and arrangements, including testing of emergency plans.
- Assist operational teams in driving health & safety performance and culture by continuously building health & safety into processes.
- Monitor the outputs from audits/inspections/reviews and any corrective and preventive actions raised.
- Identify any gaps in the Integrated Management System (IMS) and support in developing these areas.
- Oversee the management of the approved Contractor database and the respective performances of the site contractors.
- Any other task commensurate with this post.
What we are looking for:
- Experience in a health, safety, and environment advisory role within the construction industry is essential for this role.
- Driving licence.
- NEBOSH Diploma in Occupational Health & Safety or equivalent.
- NEBOSH Certificate in Construction Health and Safety.
- Experience in working with cranes and lifting operations.
- Strong accident and incident investigation skills.
- Experience in the development and delivery of health, safety, and environment related training.
- An eye for detail and the ability to work on own initiative and autonomously.
- Engaging and influencing at all levels within the business.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Computer literate in all Microsoft Office packages.
- Good presentational skills.
Check out our Employee Benefits page for what we offer!