Project Engineer: Job SummaryAPPLY
|Project Engineer||Skipton / Evesham||Structural Engineering & Design||Permanent||10/31/2018|
We are currently looking to recruit Project Engineers to join our Design team in either Skipton or Evesham.
This is a permanent, full time position.
Your key responsibilities :
- Adherence to the Integrated Management System
- Undertaking concept designs and planning at concept stage on a wide variety of buildings
- The production of structural engineering calculations for building superstructures including light gauge steel frames, hot rolled transfer structures, composite floor slabs etc.
- Delivering excellent project work within agreed deadlines and budget
- Interact and cultivate relations with clients and other project members
- Keeping colleagues informed of important and relevant design decisions to make sure that the objectives of the company and client are achieved
- Represent Sigmat at meetings with clients and suppliers
- Assisting and mentoring of Senior Engineers and Graduate Engineers
- Undertaking site visits as and when required
- Any other task commensurate with this post
What we are looking for :
- Experience as a lead structural engineer on projects
- Able to demonstrate a working knowledge of current codes of practice
- Broad range of engineering skills
- Comfortable undertaking calculations by hand and using spreadsheets. Experience using Trimble design software (Tekla Structural Designer and/or Tedds) would be beneficial
- Ability to work well as part of a team and alongside colleagues and the external design team to provide engineering solutions
- Bachelor's degree BEng / BSc or Masters degree MEng / MSc that meets the engineering academic requirements for progression to Chartership
- Working towards Chartership
- CSCS card holder
- Valid UK driving licence
What we are offering :
- Competitive salary, dependent on experience
- Company pension scheme, matching up to 5%
- Company life assurance
- 25 days annual leave, plus your birthday off!
- Friendly, modern working environment